The Detroit-Berlin Connection is holding the Second Annual Conference on May 20, 2015 at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD) starting at 4pm. This event is designed to challenge traditional views and boundaries in reaching new horizons and possibilities in Detroit, while involving community organizers and stakeholders, entrepreneurs, artists, and individuals from various backgrounds.
This is a 100% ticketed event. Please be sure to arrive with your tickets in hand. We will not be releasing any more wait list tickets. Please join our mailing list to keep up to date with our progress. We hope to have other events in the near future.
The program will include presentations by organizations involved in art, music, design and entrepreneurial efforts in both cities. A panel discussion and a Q&A session will follow along with a cocktail afterglow, when the public can mingle with the speakers.
Our mission is to intensify cultural exchange between Detroit and Berlin and to stimulate creative economic growth in Detroit while using nontraditional tactics which helped Berlin’s transformation. Our goal is to start meaningful and interactive conversations that will further the City of Detroit: cultivate diversity, encourage tourism, foster commerce, and nurture inclusiveness.
Doors will open at 3:30pm. General admission tickets will guarantee entry into this event. Seating will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Welcome: Angie Linder & Conference MC – Mark Bentley Sandford
Image slide show featuring Marie Staggat’s photos from her 313OneLove project.
• Cornelius Harris (UR/Alter Ego Management)
• John Collins (UR/Detroit Entertainment Commission)
• Marsha Music – Detroit cultural icon and self-described writer and a griot, a storyteller and a talker.
Investing in our Cultural Economy
• Philip Kafka – Prince Media
• Amelia Duran – The Garage – Southwest
• Gregory Reed, Esq. – Detroit Entertainment Commission
• Piper Carter – 5 E Gallery
• Jason Hill – Historic Realty Detroit
• Cathy Lamar – Port Authority
U of D Presentation
• Tadd Heidgerken, RA & Noah Resnick, RA, Associate Professor – University of Detroit Mercy School of Architecture.
Tourism & Culture
• Burkhard Kieker – CEO visitBerlin – Presentation/Video
• Lutz Leichsenring – Spokesman/Boardmember ClubCommission
• Dimitri Hegemann – Kraftwerk Berlin/Tresor
• Fernando Palazuelo – Arte Express/Packard Plant
• Mario Husten – Holzmarkt
Q & A Session with the audience
Cocktails and Networking are highly encouraged.
Extra Events Stuff
Alex Pollock Posters will be on display throughout the space.
Pre-submit questions via Twitter: @detroitberlin
#DBC #DetroitBerlinConnection #DBCConference2015